Saturday, November 16, 2013

Wigging Out Over Nothing

From Monday to Friday I will wake up at 6.00 a.m. and leave the apartment at 7.00 a.m. At 6.35 a.m. I will be presented with one of the biggest challenges of the day - "Should I do my hair or not?"

At 7.05 a.m. my brother comes to pick me up and send me to the train station. I hate having to wear the helmet, but I guess it's the law. So, if I need to wear a helmet, what's the point of having a perfectly coiffed hair with a magnificent bouffant that takes 15 minutes to set? Yet if I don't do anything at all and just blow dry my hair, then at the train station I would look like a homeless person who just robbed some fashionable guy and stole his work clothes.

Then there's the gym.

Upon arriving at the office at 7.30 a.m. I quickly turn on my laptop, scanned through emails to confirm my held belief that nothing important gets emailed before 8.a.m. and then I would rush to the gym downstairs.

Naturally after some work out (if it even qualifies as that), I would hit the shower. If I'm going to shower, what's the point of having a semi-okay coiffed hair with a half destroyed bouffant (damn you helmet) that takes 15 minutes to set? Yet if I don't do anything at all, it would look like I come to the gym un-showered with all the out-of-bed nastiness. People would certainly think that about me if they see me with unkempt hair at 8.00 a.m.  I know I think that about some of the people at the gym. I mean it does make sense. Showering twice in the span of 3 hours is not very optimal. But it's not like I can just leave the house without a shower just because I will shower after my work out.

In the end I still haven't decided what my standard operation procedure is. Some days I deck out in my fancy work clothes but decided to go with the hobo hair do, no product no comb. Some days I do my hair twice in the morning because I don't want to appear in public looking like I just got done giving a quick head to an aggressively handsy guy.

I don't even have a standard hairstyle. Sure I would like to think that after spending 15 minutes doing my hair I would crown myself a perfectly coiffed hair with a magnificent bouffant. I like to think that I walk around at work with an amazing pompadour that is the envy of the office. The reality is probably isn't that colorful. I have been told that my hair looked like a hair of a Yakuza member when I combed it slick back. I have been told that my hairstyle belong in the Vatican where I should be an altar boy. Once someone asked me If i was chased by a dog on the way to work because on that day I tried to experiment with a ruffled hairstyle. Sigh~

I should just pull a Sinead O-Gonner. God knows I'd save so much on hair products and time. But especially, I would save my brain power and attention from worrying and thinking too much about something that in reality no one cares about, except me.

No comments:

Post a Comment